Yield: 4 servings
- 1-454 gram package of penne or any pasta
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1-150g package of pancetta, chopped
- 1-125g package of prosciutto, chopped
- 1 cup of mascarpone cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch of fresh oregano, chopped
- Splash the olive oil into a skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and prosciutto cook, gently sautéing and browning until crisp, about 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mascarpone cream, eggs yolks, Parmesan and oregano.
- Cook the pasta in lots of boiling salted water until it is tender yet chewy – al dente – 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta but don’t rinse it or wash the pot just yet!
- Return the cooked noodles to their cooking pot and toss in the cooked pancetta and prosciutto. Stir the egg yolk mixture into the hot noodles, allowing the heat of the freshly cooked pasta to immediately thicken the works into an egg yolk rich cheese sauce. Serve and share pronto!