Parsnip Potato Puree
Total Time: 45 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 30 min
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 pound Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter
- Put the parsnips and potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with about 2 inches of water. Season the water generously with salt – TASTE IT to make sure the water is seasoned appropriately.
- Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook the parsnips and potatoes until they are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Turn off the heat and reserve.
- Drain the parsnips and potatoes and pass through a food mill.
- Toss in a couple of pats of cold butter and about 1/2 of the hot heavy cream. Stir vigorously to combine. Repeat the process with the remaining butter and heavy cream. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Recipe courtesy Anne Burrell