Pan-seared Scallops with Peanut Sauce Noodles
- 8-10 large Sea scallops
- Canola oil for searing
- 2 Tbsp (30g) butter, cold unsalted
- 4 Green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Radish, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 Lemon, juice only
Peanut Sauce Noodles:
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Canola Oil
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml) Chopped, unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Honey
- 2 cups (500 ml) Vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) Peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Mushroom soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Oyster sauce
- 1-2 tsp (5-10 ml) Crushed chilli flakes
- 10 oz Soba noodles (or any type of noodle)
- Place ginger, garlic, and peanuts in a heated wok with oil, and stir. Add honey, vegetable stock, and peanut butter. Whisk all together. Add mushroom soy sauce, oyster sauce, and crushed chilli flakes. Cook for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Put a pot of water on to boil.
- Cook soba noodles in a pot of boiling salted water. Add noodles and a little noodle water to the sauce. Mix together so noodles are fully coated in sauce, with no heat.
- Season scallops and drizzle with canola oil. Sear in a hot pan for 1 minute a side. Flip when scallops start to colour. Add butter to pan. Once butter melts, spoon over the scallops.
- Plate noodles and scallops. Top with green onion, radish, crushed peanuts, and a squeeze of lemon juice.