- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (7-ounce) salmon fillets, skin-on
- Coarse salt
- Caper-Lemon Butter, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil.
- Pat salmondry with paper towels. Season the flesh-side of the salmon with salt.
- When the oil is hot, add salmon skin-side down. Sear until the skin is golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Turn and transfer to oven and cook until a cake tester or tip of a paring knife is just warm to the touch when inserted into the middle of the salmon; about 5 minutes for medium-rare and 9 minutes for fully cooked through.
- Let rest for 2 minutes and serve immediately topped with a pat of butter.