It’s that time of the year, and we are always looking for some new recipes to add to our Thanksgiving feast. This year chef Emeril is teaching us new techniques for getting the meal on the table Fresh-Food-Fast-style. This menu features spatchcocked crispy honey-lemon-thyme roasted cornish game hens and pan roasted brussels sprouts with pancetta. And does the word “spoonbread” make your taste buds want to do a jig? Well, get their dancing shoes on because Emeril is making a fluffy cheddar and green onion spoonbread that is quick and easy. For the finale, a butternut squash cobbler a la mode made with the spices of the season! You are sure to be very thankful!
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook: 6 minutes Total: 26 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup pancetta, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, stem ends trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus more to taste
- Using a saute pan, with a lid, render pancetta in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat; 2 minutes. Add garlic and shallot and saute for another minute. Add Brussels sprouts, chicken broth, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.