Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 20 mins | Skill Level: 1 (Easy)
- 4 cups shaved fresh palm hearts (use a peeler)
- 1 cup shaved honeydew melon
- 1 cup shaved rock melon
- 1 cup shredded green papaya
- 1 cup teenage coconut, sliced into strips
- 12 lychees, peeled and de-seeded
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup hibiscus petals
- 1 cup finely sliced banana blossom
- (the flower of the banana plant, optional)
- ½ tsp finely sliced red chilli
- 2 tsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp good-quality fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- Shave, shred and slice all the ingredients shortly before serving.
- Assemble the palm heart, melon, papaya, young coconut, lychees, mint, hibiscus petals, optional banana blossom and chilli in a bowl and dress with the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice. Jumble the salad onto a serving plate and eat immediately with Wood-Roasted Reef Fish with Pineapple Curry.
- The complete dish is best served with ice-cold beer or tall icy tropical cocktails.