Oysters Rockefeller with Romesco Sauce
Serves: 3-4 as an Appetizer
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Cream
- 12 Oysters
- Rock salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) Panko
- 2 Bulbs of garlic, chopped
- 3 Lemons, lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- 3 cups (710 ml) Spinach, raw (1 ½ cooked)
- 1 medium Shallot
- ½ medium Tomato, chopped
- 2 medium Garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Slices crusty bread (about 2 oz), cut into pieces
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Whole raw almonds
- 7.25 oz jar Roasted red peppers, drained (about 1 cup (250 ml))
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C)
- Add cream to a hot saucepan and reduce by half
- Shuck oysters and lay on half shell on a baking sheet covered in rock salt.
- Pour panko into a food processor. Add garlic, salt, lemon zest, grated parmesan, pepper, and olive oil. Blitz briefly.
- Wilt spinach in a large oiled pan on high heat, with salt and pepper, for about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate to cool down.
- Prepare your sauce. Place the onion, tomato, garlic, bread, and almonds to a large pan and roast until the bread and almonds are lightly toasted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients to a blender, and add roasted red peppers, paprika, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Blitz for about 20 seconds, until relatively smooth.
- Alter the heat on the oven to a low broil.
- Spoon cream from saucepan onto oysters. Top each oyster with wilted spinach and panko mixture. Place in oven on low broil.
- Remove oysters from broiler. Spoon Romesco sauce over top and serve.