It is time for a new take on bangers and mash with this delicious and easy to make recipe.
- 1 packet beef or pork sausages
- 2 bay leaves
- 30ml oil
- 250ml red wine
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 250ml beef stock
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250ml baby carrots, halved lengthwise if large
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 25ml cornflour mixed with a little water
- 250g brown cap mushrooms, halved
- salt & pepper
- sprig of fresh thyme
- Place a frying pan on an induction plate and fry the sausages in the oil over a medium heat until nicely browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, bay leaves, wine, stock and carrots, return sausages to saucepan cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- Thicken the gravy with the cornflour and water, season to taste and serve with mashed potato or chunky bread rolls to mop up the gravy.