- Crusted Tuna
- 8 oz Ahi Tuna loin
- 1/3 cup Black olives, chopped
- 10 Plain rice crackers
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Canola Oil
- Niçoise Salad
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz Green beans, steamed
- 2/3 cup Sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 ml)
- 1 Tbsp (10ml) Olive oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) Red wine vinegar
- Prepare crust for tuna.
- Break up rice crackers and blitz in a food processor. Add to a plate with chopped olives. Mix olives and cracker crumbs together with fingers. Gently press the tuna into mixture. Roll and press the mixture onto all sides of the tuna, but not the ends. Wrap tuna tightly in plastic wrap and put in fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Put water on to boil for the poached egg.
- Steam your green beans to desired doneness.
- Spray a piece of plastic wrap with a non-stick spray and lay wrap in a ramekin. Add cracked pepper, salt, 1 tsp olive oil, and one egg. Lift up sides of wrap around egg and tie closed. Repeat with a second egg. Lay pouches into boiling water for 2 -3 minutes to poach with a soft yolk. Poach longer if you prefer it cooked more.
- Remove eggs from water, cut plastic off the egg without breaking the egg.
- Remove coated tuna from fridge and unwrap. Place remaining tablespoon of oil into a hot skillet. Sear tuna loin on all sides for 5-10 seconds or to desired doneness.
- Toss green beans and sundried tomatoes with vinegar and 15 ml of olive oil. Season to taste.
- Plate the salad. Slice tuna with sharp, hot knife and serve on top of salad. Top each plate with a poached egg and adjust seasoning as desired.