Nutty Banana Bread
Got ripe bananas? Desiree shares her take on classic banana bread during her favourite time of the day, baking time.
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup (60ml) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120ml) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon (2ml) salt
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) oat flour
- ½ cup (120ml) macadamia nuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).
- Peel over-ripe bananas and break into a bowl. Use a fork to mash up pieces until creamy.
- Crack eggs into a separate bowl and whisk.
- Pour whisked eggs into bowl with mashed bananas and stir to combine.
- Pour in melted coconut oil, vanilla, Greek yogurt, and maple syrup.
- Mix well.
- Add salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and oat flour and stir to combine.
- Add crushed macadamia nuts and mix.
- Brush a loaf pan with coconut oil. Scrape mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!