- 175g butter, softened and chopped
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- caramel sauce
- 1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
- ¾ cup (135g) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 170°C (325°F). To make the pudding, place the butter, sugars, cinnamon, banana, eggs, flour and baking powder in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed for 1 minute or until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 28cm x 8cm loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- To make the caramel sauce, place the cream and brown sugar in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice the pudding and pour over the warm sauce.