Preparation time 20 minutes + standing time
- 750 g (1 lb 10 oz) carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 125 g (41/2 oz/11/4 cups) almond meal
- 245 g (83/4 oz/11/2 cups) fresh pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 90 g (31/4 oz/1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons sultanas
- 140 g (5 oz/1 cup) walnut pieces, chopped
- 1 cup    
- 2 tablespoons maple  
Add the carrots to a food processor and process until very finely chopped. Transfer to a clean tea towel and squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. (Save the juice for drinking later!)
Blend the almond meal, dates, spices and a pinch of sea salt for until the mixture sticks together. Add the carrot, coconut, sultanas and most of the walnuts. Pulse until well combined.
Double line a 15 cm (6 in) springform cake tin with plastic wrap. Firmly press the mixture into the tin, ensuring there are no air pockets. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Combine the labneh and maple syrup in a bowl to make a frosting. Remove the cake from the tin, then spread over the frosting. Scatter over the remaining walnuts to serve.