- 1 tablespoon (15ml) almond oil
- 3 cups (720ml) mixed fresh mushroom (chanterelle, porcini, oyster), cleaned, trimmed and sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) fresh thyme, chopped
For the Mushroom-Brie Tart
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 egg
- Mushroom filling (see above recipe)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Brie cheese, sliced
For the filling:
- Heat almond oil in a large frying pan.
- Add shallots, garlic, and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are browned and shallots are translucent.
- Take pan off the heat and add chopped thyme.
To make the tart
- Preheat oven to 425oF (220oC).
- On a clean work surface, dust with flour, and roll out the pastry sheet into a thin rectangle. Put rolled out pastry on non-stick cookie tray.
- Fold edges of pastry to create a border. Pierce pastry with a fork, avoiding outside border.
- Beat one egg in a small bowl. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash on pastry.
- Bake pastry in oven for a few minutes until it starts to puff up.
- Take out of oven, spread mushroom filling over top.
- Lay slices of Brie cheese on top, and put back in the oven just until cheese melts.