This week on Show Me How, Gloria Bastos is joined by Roenell van Zyl for Brother International. She will show us how to add a light-hearted dimension to a living space using mobiles. She will teach us various techniques such as cutting shapes using machinery, sewing and gluing craft paper, and combining colour and patterns and so much more! Don’t miss Show Me How, only on The Home Channel.
Hot Air Balloon Mobile
By Roenell van Zyl
For Brother International SA
082 615 8690| firstname.lastname@example.org
- Card Stock in 4 x colours of which 1 must be white for the clouds
- Sewing machine to sew the hot air balloon pieces together. (You can also glue these parts together)
- Blue Distressing ink /solid ink pad
- Distressing sponge
- Glue sticks
- Glue gun
- Dowel stick according to the décor where the mobile will hang
- End caps for dowel stick
- Cord to hang the mobile
- Stapler to staple the cord onto the dowel stick
- Step 1: Adhere paper to a standard mat and adjust the cutting blade according to the thickness of the paper.
- Step 2: Select the design from the ScanNCut Canvas.
- Step 3: Cut out “body” part which forms the basket and the middle part of the balloon in the one colour (refer to cutting files provided).
- Step 4: Cut out the “top” parts of the balloons in two alternating colours.
- Step 5: For the clouds, cut out double the number of clouds you’ll require as they’re double sided – 1 for front and 1 for the back of the cloud.
Take a closer look
Final Tiles Gallery id=26 does not exist