Yield: 4 servings
- For the Lamb Pops:
- 1 pound of freshly ground lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp of mint jelly
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, very finely chopped
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- ½ cup of whole almonds, chopped
- For the Curry Raita:
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- ½ an English cucumber, shredded
- 2 Tbsp of curry powder
- the juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
Preheat your oven to 375°F and turn on your convection fan if you have one.
For the Lamb Pops:
In a bowl mix the ground lamb with the garlic, mint jelly, mint, salt and pepper. Form into 12 ‘lollipops’ by attaching to small skewers or sticks. Roll the pops in the chopped almonds, then transfer to a baking tray and roast until they’re lightly browned and delicious, about 15 minutes.
For the curry raita:
Stir all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Present with the lollipops. Serve and share!