Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 onions, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 x 28 oz can whole tomatoes, with juice
- 1 liter chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 Parmesan rinds
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1 x 18 oz can white kidney beans
- Put the bacon into a 6-quart soup pot and brown it until it is crisp.
- Pour off half of the bacon fat and discard.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add zucchini, red pepper, cauliflower, tomatoes and juice, chicken broth, oregano and Parmesan rinds.
- eason with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender, but still hold their shape.
- Stir in baby spinach and beans and stir until spinach has wilted and beans are heated through