PREP TIME: 10
COOK TIME: 40
- Ready-made mini pastry shells
- Lemon curd, recipe follows
- Meringue, recipe follows
- Meyer Lemon Curd:
- 4 egg yolks (pasteurized)
- 4 whole eggs
- 6 1/2 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 3 Meyer lemons, zested
- 1 sheet gelatin
- 6 ounces butter, cut into cubes
- 1 part egg white
- 1 1/2 parts sugar
- Completely melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add the cream to a medium bowl and pour in the chocolate. Whisk the mixture very slowly creating a shiny, elastic emulsion.
- In a double boiler heat the egg white and sugar until all the graininess of the sugar has dissolved.
- Whip the mixture until cooled and thickened into a shiny meringue, about 4 to 7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 to 220 degrees F.
- Fill a pastry or re-sealable plastic bag with the meringue and pipe little stars or kisses onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until very dry, between 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. You do not want any colour or browning on the kisses so keep the oven temperature low.
- Dip the kisses into the ganache and make ganache sandwiches. Set aside to dry for a few minutes. Serve immediately.
- Alternately, you can pipe the meringue into long lines and bake in the oven at 200 to 220 degrees F until nice and dry, about 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours.
- Then break into little sticks and use them as decorations on your favourite tartlets or cake