Total Time:30 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
Yield: 1 serving
- 9 to 12-ounces all-purpose potatoes, per person
- Approximately 1/3 cup warm milk or cream
- Approximately 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, preferably white
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Boil the halved or chunked (but unpeeled) potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted water. When they are soft enough to mash, drain them thoroughly then push the potato pieces through a ricer.
- With a wooden spoon, beat in the warm milk or cream and butter and season with salt, pepper and some freshly grated nutmeg, to taste. Eat alone and straight from the bowl for quintessential comfort food.