It’s a coconut celebration today as Yudhika Sujanani prepares a scrumptious Asian feast. She starts off with a hearty Slow Cooked Asian Beef, fresh Marinated Asparagus served with an aromatic Coconut Scented Rice. For that sweet finish –a spicy Coconut & Lemon Grass Cake.
- 400g asparagus spears
- 45ml soy sauce
- 45ml lemon juice
- 2,5ml crushed garlic
- Chopped coriander
- 10ml honey
- Bring a little water to the boil and blanch the asparagus for 60 seconds.
- Plunge the asparagus into iced water to stop the cooking process. Once the asparagus is chilled, place them on a dishtowel, dabbing lightly to remove the excess moisture. Place the asparagus on a serving platter.
- Combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, crushed garlic, coriander and honey in a glass jar.
- Seal the jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the asparagus and leave to marinate.