- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- Roasted parsnips and steamed sugar snap peas, to serve
- Place the maple syrup, water, chilli, salt and pepper in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and add the chicken.
- Cook for 4–5 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with the pan sauce, roasted parsnips and steamed sugar snap peas.