Makes 1 litre
CHEF’S TIP: When mangoes are out of season, drain 3 x 400g cans mango and liquidise the pulp. This recipe can also be made using strawberries or litchis.
- 250ml sugar
- 250ml water
- 750 ml mango purée (from 5 large mangoes)
- 1 egg white
- sugar syrup
- Boil sugar and water on medium heat until slightly thickened (for about 5 minutes). Set aside.
- Liquidise mangoes in food processor. Add the cooled sugar syrup. Stir in the unbeaten egg white.
- Freeze the mixture. When purée is semi-frozen, place the mixture into a food processor in batches and process in small quantities until smooth. Continue until you have processed all the mixture. It should be light and fluffy.
- Refreeze until ready to serve.
© sharon glass 2012 | For more recipes: www.sharonglass.co.za