Loom Knitted Beanie
- ELLE RUSTICA CHUNKY (50g balls)
- 5 balls Strawberry 42 for set
- 1 Rectangular and circular loom (desired size)
- 1 Loom hook
- 1 Crochet hook
- 1 Darning needle
- Oddments for decorating
To fit: Child – Lady
ABBREVIATIONS: beg = begin(ning); cont = continue; rep = repeat; st(s) = stitch(es); tog = together.
- Step 1: Using 2 strands tog, make a slip knot and hook over peg on side of loom. (You will remove this after a few rows have been worked). Bring working yarn through the first 2 pegs. Working from the inside of the loom and in a clockwise rotation, wrap the yarn around each peg. Rep for a second row.
- Step 2: Using the loom hook, pass the first row of sts over the second row and off the peg.
- Step 3: Wrap all the pegs as per step 1 once. Rep steps 2 and 3 until work measures 15(17)cm (or desired length).
- TIP: To measure the beanie, pull your work onto the head to determine if the desired length has been reached. Cont if necessary, checking again after a few more rows.
- SHAPE TOP:
- Step 4: Beg with the peg to the left of the last st (= where the yarn tail is) and using a crochet hook, insert the hook into the st and lift it off the peg. Move to the second peg and lift the st off. Pass the st from the second peg through the st from the first peg (you will now have one st on the crochet hook). Place this st back onto peg 1. Move to peg 3 and 4 and rep as for peg 1 and 2, placing the st back onto peg 3. Cont all around loom (you will now have a st on every 2nd peg).
- Step 5: Wrap yarn as per step 1, but miss the peg with no st. Rep step 2.
- Step 6: Cut yarn, leaving a length and thread a darning needle for cast off. Using the darning needle, lift off each st, pull sts tog tightly and fasten off. Sew ends away. Decorate as desired.