Yield: 4 servings
For the Croutons:
- Half a whole wheat baguette, cubed
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or your favourite vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard, any type
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or other vegetable oil
For the Salad:
- 1 lb mixed greens
- 1 cup sprouts
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 350°.
- For the Croutons:
- Put the cubed baguette onto a baking sheet and toast in oven until golden and crispy.
- For the Dressing:
- Meanwhile whisk the dressing ingredients together until they are smooth.
- For the Salad:
- Put greens in a large salad bowl and grate in the carrots.
- Add the sprouts, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle on the dressing and add croutons.
- Toss well and serve.