Lime and Lemongrass Chicken
- 6 large slices ginger
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 stalks lemongrass, white part only, trimmed
- 1 long red chilli, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 x 125g chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 1½ cups (375ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- Coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
- Place the ginger, lime leaves, lemongrass and chilli in the bowl of a small food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and the lime leaf mixture and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook for 1 minute each side.
- Add the coconut milk and fish sauce and simmer the chicken for 7 minutes each side or until chicken is tender.
- Stir through the spinach and serve with steamed rice and coriander leaves.