Lemon Yoghurt Cake
- ¾ cup (180ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (280g) thick natural yoghurt
- 1¾ cups (385g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- lemon frosting
- ¾ cup (120g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the oil, eggs, rind, lemon juice, yoghurt and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Sift over the flour and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 24cm fluted ring tin and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- While the cake is still hot remove from the tin and place on a plate.
- To make the lemon frosting, gently stir together the sugar and lemon juice.
- Spoon over the cake and allow to set. Serve warm..