PREP TIME: 10
COOK TIME: 40
- Ready-made mini pastry shells
- Lemon curd, recipe follows
- Meringue, recipe follows
- Meyer Lemon Curd:
- 4 egg yolks (pasteurized)
- 4 whole eggs
- 6 1/2 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 3 Meyer lemons, zested
- 1 sheet gelatin
- 6 ounces butter, cut into cubes
- 1 part egg white
- 1 1/2 parts sugar
- Spoon a little of the lemon curd into each pastry shell. Pipe a swirl of meringue on top and serve.
- To make lemon curd:
- Combine all of the ingredients, except butter, and whip over a double boiler. Whisk the mixture until thickened. Strain the curd into a mixing bowl and mix with paddle to cool.
- Once the mixture is 140 degrees F add the butter and mix until cool. Store refrigerated, well wrapped, until ready to use.
- To make meringue:
- In a double boiler heat the egg white and sugar until all the graininess of the sugar has dissolved.
- Whip the mixture until cooled and thickened into a shiny meringue, about 4 to 7 minutes.