- 12 large Sea scallops, cleaned and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Canola oil
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) cold butter
- Thyme leaf
- Lemon wedge
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Pistachios
Lemon White Bean Purée
- ¾ cup (70 g) melted butter + ¼ cup (60 g) reserved for crumb
- 2 cups (500 ml) canned white beans, well rinsed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Grated parmesan
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Olive oil
- Grated zest of 2 Lemons
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup (60 g) melted butter (See above)
- 1½ oz (45 g) Fresh white breadcrumbs (about 2 slices bread, crusts removed)
- 1 Lemon zested
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Chopped parsley
- Melt butter for the white bean puree in a saucepan. Add half of the butter to a blender with white beans, grated parmesan, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and blitz until smooth, if the mix is too thick you can add a little water until desired consistency. Place in saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- Pat scallops dry and season with salt. Add canola oil to a skillet at medium-high heat. Sear scallops salt-side down. After about 1 minute, flip scallops, and add cold butter, thyme leaf, and a lemon wedge. Take off heat. Spoon some of pan juice over the scallops.
- Pour remaining melted butter into a skillet. Toss in breadcrumbs. Sprinkle in salt and zest in lemon. When breadcrumbs are crispy about 1 minute add fresh parsley and toss.
- Plate scallops on purée and top with lemon crumb. Drizzle a little of scallop pan juices. Add pistachios for garnish.