- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 4 rindless streaky bacon, sliced into lardons
- 8 broccoli florets, blanched and halved
- 6 eggs, free range and organic if possible
- ½ tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp mature Irish cheddar, grated
- 2 large sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the leeks and cook until soft. Using a slotted spoon, lift the leeks from the pan and set aside. Discard the remaining oil and fry off the bacon.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, thyme, parsley, cheddar cheese, sundried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in the hot leeks until coated, add the bacon and broccoli.
- Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper, add about 4 tbsp of oil and heat.
- Add the mixture to the pan and cook, over a very low heat, until the egg begins to set. To prevent the tortilla from sticking, use a metal spatula and allow the uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Preheat the grill. Place the tortilla under the grill and continue to cook until it is set and golden in colour. This should take about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it, as the grill can get very hot.
- To remove from the pan, place a plate over the frying pan and invert. The tortilla should just pop onto the plate.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately with a baked potato and fresh salad.