Layerd Chicken & Vegetable Picnic Bread
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- olive oil
- 8-10 baby marrows, sliced lengthwise
- brinjals, sliced
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 60ml tomato pesto
- 30ml mayonnaise
- 2-3 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 30g rocket
- 125g sliced smoked provolone cheese
- 1 round loaf of bread
- Halve and de-seed the peppers.
- Put them on a baking tray and cook under a heated grill until the skins turn black.
- Remove from the oven and put them into a plastic bag to cool.
- Remove the skins.
- Brush the baby marrows with olive oil and cook on a heated griddle pan until cooked.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Brush the brinjals with olive oil and cook on heated griddle pan.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Combine the chicken with the pesto, mayonnaise and sundried tomatoes and mix well.
- Cut a slice off the top of the bread and hollow out the bread.
- Put a layer of chicken mixture over the base of the loaf.
- Add a good layer of rocket leaves.
- Top with a layer of cheese slices then peppers, brinjals and marrows.
- Top with another layer of chicken mixture and finally top with rocket.
- Replace the sliced off top of the bread and wrap the whole loaf tightly in cling film.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Slice into wedges to serve.