The fastest lamb dish I know; this is excellent served with the couscous for a main course, this would serve 3 people for a main course. It is also amazing put into hot pitta bread with some yoghurt and some coriander and mint salsa and some lettuce. It would be great for a packed lunch like this as it is quite dry, it won’t go everywhere. Good hot or just at room temperature.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1lb/450g shoulder of lamb with all the fat removed and cut into ¼ “pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- 2oz/60g pine nuts, toasted in a moderate oven or on a frying pan until golden brown
- 2 tbs hummus
- 2 tbs raisins
- 1 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a hot pan, toss in the meat and season with salt and pepper add the cumin and coriander, and cook over a high heat for 4 or 5 min,then add the pine nuts, hummus, raisins and chopped fresh coriander, stir to mix and let simmer for one minute and season to taste.
- **NOTE This is fantastic for a main course, served with the couscous below. For a main course this would serve about 3.