Recipe by Clayton Donovan
Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 20 mins | Skill Level: 1 (Easy)
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, deseeded
- 1⁄2 yellow capsicum, deseeded
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, for frying
- 1 tbsp Brookfarm Lime & Chilli Infused
- Macadamia Oil, for frying
- 25 g brown onion, finely diced
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 25 g celery, diced
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 600 g kangaroo mince
- 1 tbsp ground native bush tomato
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 20 g red onion, finely diced
- 30 g snow peas, finely sliced
- 30 g spring onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 bunch coriander, finely sliced
- 8–10 large mint leaves, finely sliced
- 8–10 large Vietnamese mint leaves, finely sliced
- 12 lettuce cups
- 1⁄2 red chilli and 1⁄2 green chilli (or to taste), finely sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- Dice most of the capsicum, and thinly slice the rest for garnish.
- Heat a large frying pan over a moderate heat, add sesame and lime and chilli oil. Add the brown onion, garlic, celery, the diced red and yellow capsicum and the ginger. Cook until the onion and garlic have softened.
- Add the kangaroo mince and stir. Brown the meat.
- Add the bush tomato, soy sauce, oyster sauce and fish sauce. Taste for fish sauce seasoning and add more if necessary.
- Remove from the heat. Add the red onion, remaining capsicum, and snow peas and mix through. Add the spring onion, coriander, mint and Vietnamese mint.
- Place the mixture into the lettuce cups and serve with the sliced chillies and lime quarters.