- Chef: Helen Tzouganatos
- Serves: 2-3 people
- Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup besan (chickpea) flour
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup kale leaves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
Yoghurt Tahini Dressing
- ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch sea salt and cracked pepper
- Fresh coriander
Extra olive oil to fry
Place besan flour, salt and cumin in a bowl and stir to combine. Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add oil and water and whisk to combine and make a smooth batter. Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then in batches cook socca by frying for a few minutes on each side until golden and crisp.
Whisk together yoghurt tahini dressing ingredients in a bowl. To serve, top each socca with dressing and garnish with extra herbs and peas.