Jerk Lobster Tails with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- 2x tails from 1 ½ lb (680 g) Lobster, halved lengthwise
Grilled Pineapple salsa
- 2-inch (5 cm) Slices fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) Red onion
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) Olive oil
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) Salt
- 1-inch (2.5 cm) Piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, halved
- ½ cup (120 ml) Dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Ground allspice
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- Grapeseed oil
- Place pineapple on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill pineapple for 6 minutes, turning once. Cool 5 minutes. Chop pineapple; place in a medium bowl. Add onions, lime juice, oil, bell pepper, and salt; toss to combine.
- Combine ginger, garlic, green onion, thyme leaves, scotch bonnet, brown sugar, allspice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, and grapeseed oil in a large bowl. Add the lobster tails and coat fully in the sauce.
Oil a grill pan on medium-high heat and lay the coated lobster tails flesh-side down. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes. If shells peel back, simply remove them for the last few minutes of cooking and spoon some of the marinade on top. Plate the grilled tails with cooling pineapple salsa over top.