Indonesian Spiced Fish
If you enjoy Seafood then you are in for a treat today as Yudhika Sujanani cooks an impressive spicy feast. Indulge you tastes buds with Spanish Style Calamari Prawns, Citrus Infused Mussels, an aromatic Indonesian Spiced Fish served with a Coriander & Lime Basmati Rice side dish and Cucumber Sambal.
- 4 fresh hake fillets
- 125ml coconut milk
- 4 shallots or 1 small onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- Small piece of ginger, about 1cm
- 4 makrut lime leaves
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white parts only
- 15ml ground coriander
- 5ml turmeric
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 100ml grated fresh coconut
- 60ml sunflower oil
- Salt, to season
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Fresh coconut, to garnish
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Using a stick blender or liquidizer, process the coconut milk with shallots, garlic, ginger, lime leaves, lemongrass, coriander, turmeric and green chilli until the paste becomes smooth.
- Stir in the grated coconut.
- Line a roasting pan or baking tray with silicone paper and drizzle with 30ml sunflower oil.
- Place the fish fillets with the skin side facing up on the paper lined roasting pan.
- Season the fillets with salt and coat in the spicy coconut paste.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over the fish and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 – 12 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish fillets.
- Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with fresh coconut and basil.