Hidden Veggie Tomato Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 x 28 oz can whole, chopped, crushed or pureed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- Pour the oil into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until softened and lightly coloured.
- Add the garlic and stir for a few moments to heat it through.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper, zucchini and carrot and bring to a simmer.
- Puree with a hand blender, stand blender or food processor.