Herby Cheesy Puffs
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) garlic powder
- 1 cup (240ml) pecorino romano, grated
- 1 cup (240ml) parmesan, grated
- ½ cup (120ml) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- ¼ teaspoon (2ml) salt
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) water
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) flour
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, for topping
- Extra shredded cheese, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375oF (190oC).
- Chop fresh herbs and put in bowl. Add fennel seeds and garlic powder to bowl.
- Put butter in a pot on the stove. Add salt and water, and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add flour and stir constantly until dough pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Take off the heat and let cool slightly.
- Add grated cheeses and herbs and stir to mix.
- Add eggs and stir with gusto until eggs are incorporated.
- Spoon dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving room for expansion.
- Top with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper and a bit of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden.
- Take out of oven and let cool.