Prep time: 5 minutes Total: 5 minutes
Yield: 2/3 cup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (recommended: canola)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh soft herbs (such as parsley, chives, basil, and tarragon)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt, and pepper. While constantly whisking, add the vegetable and olive oil in a thin, steady stream until they are completely incorporated and the dressing is emulsified. Stir in the herbs, and adjust the seasoning, to taste, if necessary. Serve the vinaigrette immediately or refrigerate in a covered nonreactive container for up to 2 days.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.