Herb Crusted Salmon
PREP TIME: 15
COOK TIME: 10
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon
- 4 to 6 (6-ounce) centre-cut salmon fillets
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend the tarragon with bread crumbs, salt and pepper, to taste, in a food processor, pulsing in the dill last. Remove and stir in just enough melted butter to create the consistency of wet sand.
- Pat the salmon dry and season on all sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saute pan and sear the salmon, flesh side down, over medium- high heat, about 2 minutes. Do not crowd the pan. Flip and top each fillet with the herb/crumb mixture. Put the pan in the oven and bake until the fish flakes with a fork. About 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer the fish to a platter and serve immediately.