- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter, divided
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried rosemary
- 2 cups (480 ml) pearl couscous (also known as
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- ½ cup (120 ml) basil leaves, chiffonaded
- ½ cup (120 ml) parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and dried rosemary and cook until onions are soft. Add pearl couscous and stir to coat evenly. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until stock has been absorbed and couscous is tender.
- Scatter with chiffonaded basil and chopped parsley. Top with remaining butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Serve with Ratatouille (see recipe)  and Whole Broiled Trout (see recipe).