Heirloom carrots with rosemary balsamic demi glaze
- 1 lb heirloom carrots, trimmed with tops removed
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil, divided
- Salt, for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) white wine
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375oF (190oC).
- Chop carrots in half, lengthwise. Place on baking tray cut side up.
- Drizzle carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven 30-40 minutes, or until tender.
- In a pan, drizzle remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add garlic and shallot and sauté.
- Add rosemary.
- Pour in white wine and balsamic vinegar and bring pan to a boil.
- Cook until reduced by half.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Drizzle over carrots, and serve with sage-fried tofu (see recipe).