Hearty Nicoise Salad with Seared Tuna
Ingredients per salad
- 3 new potatoes (boiled until just tender)
- 100g string beans (blanched till tender)
- 100-150g tuna steak
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 5 anchovy fillets (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup calamata olives
- 2 tbsp capers (rinsed)
- Handful fresh baby salad leaves (rocket, baby spinach, mache, basil, baby gem etc)
- 1 soft-boiled egg
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
* Chef’s tip: Make this in a sealable glass jar so that any left over’s are easily kept in the fridge.
Glass also won’t retain any smell from the vinegar or mustard when you re-use the container.
- Assemble the Salad in a “composed fashion, keeping the individual ingredients separate around/on the bed of baby leaves.
- Oil, salt and pepper the tuna fillet, and sear for 1 minute on all sides until slightly charred.
- Allow to cool and slice thinly, fanning the slices out on top of the salad.
- Drizzle generously with the vinaigrette and serve.