Hanger Steak with Cherry Sauce
PREP TIME: 5
COOK TIME: 10
- 4 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds trimmed hanger steaks, or approximately 4 (8-ounce) pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil over steaks and season all sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Put on a hot grill pan or outdoor grill.
- Allow the meat to cook for about 3 minutes on the first side without moving.
- Turn, and cook until preferred doneness is reached, another 5 minutes (just a bit more for larger cuts).
- Remove the steaks from the grill to a cutting board and allow to rest 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a medium saucepan over high heat, add the shallots and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until golden.
- Deglaze the pan with pomegranate juice, scraping up the brown bits, then stir in the cherry preserves.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until thick. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain and arrange on serving plates. Serve with the cherry sauce.