Hanger Steak with a Smoky Paprika Rub
Total Time:18 min
Inactive Prep:5 min
- 2 tablespoons Emeril’s Original Essence or Creole seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons hot pimenton (smoked Spanish paprika)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds hanger steak, membrane trimmed, at room temperature
- Emeril’s ESSENCE Creole Seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Preheat a grill to high.
- In a small bowl mix Essence, paprika and olive oil to make a wet rub. Coat the hanger steak all over with the rub.
- Place the steak on the grill and cook for 2 minutes. Rotate the steak 90 degrees (for grill crosshatch marks) and cook for another 2 minutes. Then turn the steak over and repeat, cooking in the same manner for about 4 minutes longer.
- Cook’s Note: To avoid toughness, serve hanger steak rare to medium-rare.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing it against the grain and serving.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.