Yield: 2 servings
- 2 twelve-ounce NY strip, filet mignon or rib-eye steaks, thick cut, Prime, Grass fed, Hormone free, Organic, Local
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your BBQ grill to high.
- Season the steaks generously with the salt and pepper.
- Lay the seasoned steaks on preheated grill at a 45° angle to the bars, until grill marks appear, about 3-4 minutes.
- Rotate them 90° in the opposite direction to an opposite 45° angle.
- This will create the characteristic crosshatch pattern of a great steak house.
- Continue grilling and searing for another 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the steaks, repeating the crosshatching on the other side.
- Cook for a total of 12-16 minutes for medium-rare. It’s perfectly OK to sneak a peak to see if it’s done. Every chef does that the first day on the job.