Grilled Onions and Mushrooms with Limed Sour Cream
Grilling is a great way to bring out the flavors of so many ingredients, and Aida shows how to create delicious grilled dishes indoors. Grilled Flank Steak With Ginger Marinade is crispy on the outside, and juicy and flavourful on the inside. Then it’s arguably the best way to eat your veggies — Grilled Peppers and Onions With Limed Sour Cream. To bring this meal together, it’s a sweet and nutty Cherry, Almond and Herb Salad.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ease of Preparation: easy
Total Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup plain sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, cut into 1-inch slices
- Vegetable oil, for brushing the vegetables
- Combine sour cream, juice, zest, salt and pepper in a medium nonreactive bowl. Store, covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, brush onions and mushrooms with oil and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When grill pan is heated, add onions cut side down and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add mushrooms and grill until charred and soft, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with sour cream sauce.;