Grilled Flank Steak with Ginger Marinade
Grilling is a great way to bring out the flavors of so many ingredients, and Aida shows how to create delicious grilled dishes indoors. Grilled Flank Steak With Ginger Marinade is crispy on the outside, and juicy and flavourful on the inside. Then it’s arguably the best way to eat your veggies — Grilled Peppers and Onions With Limed Sour Cream. To bring this meal together, it’s a sweet and nutty Cherry, Almond and Herb Salad.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
InActive Prep Time: 45 minutes
Ease of Preparation: easy
Total Preparation Time: 55 Minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
- 1 (5-inch) piece ginger, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 8 medium garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, trimmed of fat and sinew
- In a nonreactive dish or large resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except steak and mix thoroughly. Add steak and turn to thoroughly coat. Cover dish or close bag and allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. (If you are making ahead, cover, and place in refrigerator. Can be marinated up to 24 hours in refrigerator.)
- Once steak has marinated, remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Heat a lightly oiled grill pan to medium-high heat. When pan is heated, remove steak from marinade, shake off excess, add to pan and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board, season with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain and serve.