Grilled Chicken Schnitzel With Fennel slaw
- 3 slices (100g) white bread
- 50g butter
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed and sliced lengthways
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Fennel slaw
- 1 bulb fennel, very finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons store-bought whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place the bread, butter, thyme, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor and process in short bursts until mixture makes fine crumbs.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray and top generously with the crumb mixture.
- Place under a preheated hot grill and grill for 7–8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and crumbs are golden.
- To make the fennel slaw, combine the fennel, chives and parsley.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and water and toss through the fennel mixture.
- Serve the salad with the schnitzel and lemon wedges.