Grilled Beef Fillet with a Fresh Cream Basil Pesto
Grilled beef fillet with a fresh cream basil pesto sauce set on gorgonzola mash
- 400g beef fillet cut into 2 portions
- salt, cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- olive oil
- 250ml fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 4 large waxy potatoes, peeled
- 60g gorgonzola cheese
- For the mash, boil the potatoes in rapidly salted boiling water until soft for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and mash thoroughly with a potato masher.
- Once smooth, stir in the gorgonzola cheese while the potatoes are still piping hot to assist in melting the cheese.
- Add the fresh cream and stir until the potatoes are glossy and smooth.
- Season with some cracked black pepper, cover with a lid and set aside.
- Heat a griddled frying pan and melt the butter with some olive oil.
- Season the fillet with salt and pepper and grill on the hot pan for about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Once cooked to your liking, set aside.
- In a separate pot over slow heat, warm the fresh cream and once slightly thickened add the basil pesto and set aside for later.
- To serve, start with the mash in the centre of the plate, top with the fillet and drizzle the sauce neatly over the top.