- A quick simple zesty sauce.
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped-optional
- Cook 500g of pasta, spaghetti is good with this, while it is cooking mix together the ingredients for the gremolata.
- Drain the pasta when it is cooked, add the sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a little freshly grated parmesan cheese.
NOTE this keeps in the fridge for nearly a week, and is also great drizzled over pan-fried fish, or pan-fried, roast or barbequed lamb, served with new potatoes.