Green Curry Veggie Pot Pie
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) green curry paste
- 1 can (14oz. /400ml) coconut milk
- ½ cup (120ml) carrots, cubed
- 1 head of broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets, stalk cut into cubes
- ½ cup (120ml) green beans, trimmed and cut into halves
- ½ cup (120ml) button mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- ½ cup (120ml) fennel, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) peas
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) water
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, for egg wash
1 teaspoon (5ml) water, for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 425oF (220oC).
- Pour oil into a large pan and heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Stir in green curry paste to combine. Pour in coconut milk.
- Add carrots, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, and fennel to pan.
- Pour in veggie stock.
- Put cornstarch in a little bowl, add water, and whisk to combine. Add to pan.
- Mix in peas.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour veggie mixture into greased baking dish.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface. Roll out puff pastry into large circle to fit the baking dish.
- Fit dough over baking dish. Crimp edges. Trim edges. Pierce dough with a knife.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl. Add water. Whisk well.
- Brush pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until pastry is golden.
- Let cool before serving.